Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Breathlessly yours...

Good Lord, today has been so exciting I don't even know where to start. Okay. Let's see...

First? Congratulations to Bizzyville reader, Janice, who has won a super cool Vampire Squid tee-shirt for her very own self.

Next, got an e-mail from intrepid blogger girl, Mary Thorsby, who is featured in the Murray Leacherous Times (okay, so it's the Murray Ledger and Times) in this story by columnist and WKMS contributor, Constance Alexander which just happens to also contain a shout-out to this here site.

Next, an alert reader brought me up to speed on this sad news about Matt Roloff. Thought you'd want to know.

Back to the up-side, got a message from my good friend, Daphne Zuniga, in response to a message I'd sent to her giving her kudos for her fantastic and important work on the film, "TED: The Future We Will Create". According to Zuniga, "We're now finishing a deal with Showtime for tv airing, and another deal for dvd sales later this year, as well as foreign distribution." I'm thrilled to hear this excellent documentary will be reaching an even wider audience. For those of you not in the know, you can read my (completely ga-ga) blog post on the film here.

I managed to break away from the computer for an insanely long stretch of time today. Among my many errands was a very naughty trip to Victoria's Secret. Yah. Y'all know that superfantastic foundation garments are my crack cocaine. However, today, I swear, I was just going to do a walk-thru considering my unemployed state and all. Maybe....maybe I'll buy a boy panty, I says. But only if they're on sale, I says. Scout's honor, I says!

Alas, though, it was not to be. VS is premiering their newest marvel of mammarial engineering: the full coverage push-up bra.

And, I'm not exagerrating when I say it was a feeding frenzy at the display area where the shiney new brassiers were arranged for perusal and purchase. There were women at least five deep clustered around the case ready to do battle for one of the coveted new titslings. One young mother was actually using her strollered toddler to force her way through the throng and maneuver closer to her cup size. The sickening sweet scent of panicky estrogen filled the air. This could only mean one thing: Damnit! I have to have that bra.

And, of course, I got it. Because I am completely unmoved by your little toddler scam, honey. That shit might work at Limited Too? But not at Victoria's Secret. You better be bringing your A-game if you think you're buying my full coverage push-up bra.
I was excited to read here that my friend Christa was recognized as the result of a recent post that featured her. Just another reason I think she is a natural celebrity and needs to get on with trying out for American Idol. THIS MINUTE.
Lastly, self-proclaimed fancy-pants author Robert Rummel-Hudson commented on my blog post on his new book. The perfect ending to a bloggerific day.

2 comments:

MCD said...

That's so cool! Keep up the good work. BTW, strong-armed stroller moms make me ANGRY.

Mary Thorsby said...

Bizzyville, you are the bomb. Thanks for being our first-to-report breaking news - and thanks for the shout out! xoxooxoxmt