Monday, August 27, 2007

Mile High Dilemma


I awoke Sunday morning to an internet, er, situation.

Local fashion blogger, model, event planner, image consultant, personal shopper, and Chairman and CEO of Mile High Promotions, LauraK, while at the same time having the extremely good fortune of receiving ink in the local newspaper twice in three days, was also facing the frustration of a misprinted URL in a feature story on Sunday.

While a really determined web surfer could Google LauraK, this still amounts to a huge missed opportunity for an up and coming blogger. In fact, it probably takes another blogger to fully appreciate the special kind of horror this sort of situation engenders. Because, FYI? Us bloggers? Are Hit Junkies, plain and simple.

In the Sun’s defense, the paper is still in this town (although they do have a web presence and are definitely branching out, especially lately) primarily a paper paper. And it would not surprise me if they re-printed her URL correctly. The URL they did print is for a site still under construction.

For the record, the URL for Mile High Style Blog is:

http://milehighstyle.blogspot.com/

So, get on over there and show a traumatized sister’s hit counter some internet love.

Meanwhile, in my little fashion corner of the world, I continue to obsess over my jewelry pin boards, which, since I last wrote about them, have not only been approved of by LauraK (Have I mentioned LauraK? You can find her here), but have also expanded to include four boards:


I redesigned the two newer boards last night using canvas material instead of the cheesecloth. And, I have to say? I’m seriously loving the canvas more. Where did I get the canvas? Why, from the S-Man’s painting drop cloth, of course, which I have long admired, thinking somebody should make curtains from the material. It wouldn’t surprise me if I go ahead and break down and re-do my original two boards with the canvas. Also? I’m considering dispensing with the clips all together and using the Velcro, which I initially purchased to use as an invisible hanging device, instead. I don’t know, though.

Would that be TOO much excitement?

Probably so. Stay tuned.

Otherwise, I can’t quite believe I’m just now catching on to THIS (noise but worth it) rolling frat party seeing as to how I loves me some Vince Vaughn. I’d just like to know exactly why I wasn’t presented with the opportunity to get in on the Memphis show? Hmmmmm?

Lastly, but definitely not leastly, there’s a strange smell over at the blog of One Kentucky Writer. You need to go investigate.

2 comments:

Mary Thorsby said...

Fantastic, Bizzy! Laura K. is the BEST! She was just in my closet Saturday helping me pack for a long trip. I HIGHLY recommend her if you just need a little help giving your old clothes a new look. She's fantastic!

Laura K said...

Oh! thanks my dear!

And I LOVES me some Vince Vaughn as well! So he's already been to M-town or he is coming in Feb? I must google...

xo
L