Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WWWSS?

I have to say, it was a rather exciting morning at Bizzyville HQ.

After all the stress, embarrassment, and near heat stroke conditions at the yard sale, we finally got the payoff (well, besides the cashola).

Long time readers will recall that the view outside my office window has been that of a very unattractive rented semi truck trailer parked in my back yard for well over a year. Inside this monstrosity was all manner of crap we didn't actually need but had no place to store.

I'm happy to report that's all in the past now. Thanks to this guy:


Who, without much fanfare, single handedly managed to load up the now empty semi and haul it away in under thirty minutes and without crashing into either our house or our barn.

Unbeknownst to said guy, he had quite an audience in my friend, Keena, and I who up in my office watched the whole process excitedly and I documented the event by snapping about a zillion photos.

And those of you seeing these photos may say to yourself something like:

Self? Why would she not just raise the blinds instead of taking pictures around them?

I myself asked myself this same question upon reviewing the pictures afterward. And I'll tell yourself the same thing I told myself:


I have no idea.

Naturally, among the many comments bandied about between Keena and I during The Big Event, one of them was: WWWSS? (What would William Sledd say?) About those overalls? Because, dude is SO not pulling that look off.

Actually, that's a rather easy question to answer, even without the benefit of WS nearby, isn't it?

Speaking of which, thanks to a tip from fellow blogger ChristaD, you can catch the latest press on WS in an i-Caught webcast story from ABC News (you might have to endure a preview first). Also, William is now updating his blog on at least a somewhat regular basis here.

Anyway, back to the story at hand, it all ended when Overalls jumped in his truck and backed up the now loaded semi precariously near the house below where Keena and I were screeching flapping about it:



And then he drove away.



Whew. I found this whole ordeal so exhausting that, afterwards, I simply had no choice but to soak in a hot jacuzzi for a good forty-five minutes. Not sure how much longer I can keep up this pace.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Oh. Now that you no longer have a semi trailer parked in your yard, I may not be upscale enough to hang out here at bizzyville. Maybe if I get a pedicure?

Suzanne said...

HA! Yes, perhaps only then! (Lord knows, I'm always looking for an excuse.)