Sunday, June 10, 2007

Me and SJP


Unless you've been in a coma for the last week or so, you've heard about the launch of my good friend, Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line, "Bitten". For the two of you that haven't heard, Bitten is a line co-designed by SJP with the goal in mind of making fashion affordable for everyone. Most pieces are priced at around $19.95.

What you may not be aware of is the fact that the Bitten media blitz coincides with my last week of employment is actually not an accident.

It all started when me and SJP were discussing (via cell phone) the idea that I would quit my day job a year or so ago (it may surprise you to learn that I've been contemplating this change for QUITE SOME TIME).

It went a little something like this:


SJP
But...aren't you worried about money if you quit your job?


ME
Yah, sorta.

SJP
How about I send you a large sum of money?

ME
Now, SarahJessicaParker, we've discussed this before, I simply CAN'T accept money from you.

SJP
I wish I could change your mind about that.

ME
I'm afraid my decision is final.

SJP
But, a girl just CAN'T get by without some source of income.

ME
I know. Looks like my wild shopping days are over (*sniff*).

SJP
Okay, that's it, I'm coming down there.

ME
No...NO! I'll be okay (*sniff*)! I will at least have a little pocket money.

SJP
Oh?

ME
Yah.

SJP
How so?

ME
There's always the cash that I scab from the S-Man's pockets when I do the laundry.

SJP
Don't be ridiculous, that can't amount to much.

ME
It can add up to, oh, sometimes as much as twenty dollars a week if I'm really lucky.

SJP
You can't possibly shop on that!

ME
(pathetically)
If only a girl could buy something decently fashionable for twenty bucks!

[highly significant pause]

SJP
BIZZY! You're a genius!!!

ME
I am?

SJP
Yes, you've INSPIRED ME...


***

And the rest, as they say, is history.

I am the Forrest Gump of fashion.

Call me if you want to head out to pick up a few pieces from the Bitten line.
And, remember, Sunday is laundry day.

Here's where Bitten will be available in our area:

West Park Mall
134 West Park MallCape Girardeau,MO63703T:573-334-7354
Mon-Fri: 10:00am-9:30pmSat: 10:00am-9:30pmSun: 12:00pm-6:30pm
Get Directions
University Mall-Carbondale
1237 E. Main StreetCarbondale,IL62901T:618-529-1262
Mon-Fri: 10:00am-9:00pmSat: 10:00am-9:00pmSun: 11:30am-6:00pm
Get Directions

No comments: