Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sleeping with the Enemy?

SATAN
(sleeping)

ME

(bursting through the bedroom door)
Hey! Are you asleep?

SATAN
(Irritated)
Whaaaat!

ME
Are you the Rubber Duckie Bandit?

SATAN
(not responding)

ME
Hello?

SATAN
(still not responding)

ME
I know you heard me. They’re saying YOU’RE the Rubber Duckie Bandit!

SATAN
(Turns over and cracks open an eye.)
(Sighs)
Okay, let’s think about this. If I WAS the Rubber Duckie Bandit, would I be telling YOU about it?

ME
I like to think so.

SATAN
(Turns back over.)
Think again, Blogger Girl.

ME

(crossing my fingers)
You don’t think I’d write about it, do you? I mean, of course not.

SATAN
Goodnight.

ME
I can keep a secret! You know I can!

SATAN
Buh-bye.

ME
You’re not the Rubber Duckie Bandit, anyway. I know you aren’t.

SATAN
(not responding)

ME
Are you?

# # #

IS HE?

2 comments:

Nikki D. May said...

My theory, it has to be someone we are used to seeing walking all over the neighborhood (not Satan), but someone who has been invited up onto your balcony! Can you think of anyone who fits that description?

Suzanne said...

Hmmm. That's still quite a long list of suspects. AND, I'm saying the bandit could easily TOSS a duckie on to the balcony rather than actually PLACE it there....