Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday Shopping

Not much going on today. We had a morning shopping mission to find David some second hand furniture for his new bachelor pad in his college town. We hit pay dirt at the Salvation Army where we puchased an ancient 1950's style unnattractive but sturdy and servicable couch along with four matched chairs and a mis-matched table. All this treasure for less than $100.

I had never been in the Big Back Room of the Salvation Army before. I snapped this picture of what I silently labeled the corner of despair:


Yep, all your cast-off wheel chairs, your pre-owned walkers and pre-sprinkled potty chairs for sale. (Either that or there had been one HELL a senior citizen rumble just a few minutes before I got there. I'm thinking that's doubtful.)

Anyway, I could only figure someone placed the Nordic Track nearby as a cruel joke. Clearly, a person in the market for a used adult potty chair is not ALSO looking to pick up a Nordic Track. (They're very insensitive at the 'Army.)
Later we went on our bi-weekly pilgrimage to !!!Sam's Club!!! where I stocked up on mass quantities of raw meat and Satan played chicken with a Mennonite family in a Plymouth Voyager who had the nerve to think they were going to be parking in the front row spot Satan had already mentally claimed for his own self. NOTSOFAST, Mennonites! Satan is, how shall I say this, an agressive parker.

Otherwise, pretty quiet. I fixed my damn good pork-n-'taters again tonight for dinner. This time I threw in fresh asparagus with the potatoes--an EXCELLENT addition. A big hit with the fam. I highly recommend.

No comments: