Saturday, June 09, 2007

Now I'm Here

Wow. It's been a really crazy last few days.

I'm feeling sort of overwhelmed right now, but I wanted to check in and say, yes, I'm finally unemployed and I'm feeling lighter and lighter all the time.

It was kind of touch and go there for a while. And yesterday, my last day, was just really crazy making. You know that part of Poltergeist at the end when Jo Beth Williams comes out of the bathroom into the hallway and realizes that the bedroom is trying to suck her kids into hell? And so, she starts running down the hall to rescue her kids from hell and then the hall morphs into this REEEEALLLY long hallway? And she runs and she runs for this inordinately long time to get to the end of it?

That's kind of how my last day was. I just kept finding things I needed to finish up and then finding other stuff and the hallway kept getting longer and I felt a little like, no, it's really not going to end and then boom.

I was driving home in my car.

And I had this feeling like I had been strapped to the electric chair and the Governor called and gave me a reprieve and then they unstrapped me and let me go home.

And I was free.

After that, I went to my cousin, Cindy's, house where her husband, David, made us HOME MADE chicken noodle soup and cornbread and home made chocolate oatmeal cookies and we talkedabouteverything and then our friend Kim got there and we talkedabouteverything and I couldn't believe how lucky I was.


Still can't.

4 comments:

pmgr2 said...

FREE at last!

Congratulations!!!! And yes, there is life, glorious life, beyond THERE!

You will truly appreciate the wonder of it all when you go to bed Sunday night without that overwhelming sickening-to-your-entire-body feeling of 'Monday Morning dread'.....and when you open your eyes the next day and think to yourself......"time to go to work" (dramatic pause) "Oh! Wait! No, it's not!"

So whatever may come your way, whether it's school or part-timing or ????, relax and enjoy! After the time you've sacrificed there, you deserve it, sista!

p.s. Thanks for telling me about your blog-page. I stayed up waaaay too late last night catching up. I look forward to checking in and seeing what you guys are up to.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for commenting! Yes, I truly won't know what to do without the Sunday Dreads. I suspect it'll be a while before that dissapates. I'm looking forward to that too.

Fargofan1 said...

Now that's a good feeling...and the picture just says it all. :) And cornbread to boot!

Suz said...

Suz!

Wow. I got all involved in RETIRING from my job (March 1) and then running off on a 4 week vacation trip to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji - and now when I finally check back in here, I find that you've gone and liberated your ownself from your job.

Congratulations!

Yeah, the lack of Sunday dreads is great - but sometimes a little unsettling. Like I had a really bad headache for 30 years and haven't quite adjusted to its being gone. Or something.

--the Other Suz, aka Suz at Large