Thursday, June 14, 2007

Busy in Bizzyville

Wow, who knew unemployment would be so incredibly busy?

Since the last time I posted I've:

-Met w/my friend, La Donna, and discussed a publication piece on choosing a day care, wrote the piece, met with her again, discussed revisions, and completed the 1,500 word piece. Both of these meetings involved treats, drinks, and lots of unnecessary fun and enjoyable discussion on other topics besides the matter at hand.

-Freaked out about, discussed, researched, consulted with my Dad, consulted with Satan, and otherwise felt super nervous about my retirement. The good news is that I now consider that matter (successfully) resolved.

-Cooked a super fantastic dinner of lavendar encrusted pork loin with wine sauce, candied carrots, roasted potatoes and home made biscuits that for some reason turned out distinctly more crackery than biscuity. Still, they weren't half bad. And the pork loin? To die for. I'll post that recipe soon.

-Cleaned my house really well. And by that I mean chipping the grease off the stove and polishing the stainless steel. Both tasks I loathe and avoid whenever humanly possible (which is alot).

-Met with the fabulous Nikki May about a site she's developing that I'll hopefully be linking to soon. This is one of those meetings I've been putting off because of all the stuff I had to do at my former place of business and that I shouldn't have been putting off because it was such a pleasure. We spent some time being long distance and second hand embarassed for the people who designed this god awful thing.

-Discussed at length my possible participation in a new Paducah women's roller derby league called the Melt Down-Town Derby Dames. I am a quad skater from WAY back, but I'm not sure I can compete with these hotties, most of whom are actually young enough to be my daughter.

Nonetheless, they are super sweet, cute as buttons, and give a great impression of people who would be glad to include someone in my geriatric state. Best of all, they wear fishnet stockings, tube socks, and all manner of fabulously eclectic garb whilst skating (thus rendering themselves nearly irresistible). Near as I can figure, women's roller derby is sort of the girlie version of Fight Club, but cuter, sexier, and not quite as violent.

If you or someone you know might be interested, here are the particulars on the Melt Down-Town Derby Dames recruitment party (which sounds like fun even if you're not planning to sign up):


No comments: