Friday, June 22, 2007

Scene from a Summer Balcony

The Setting: A late summer afternoon on a plant covered balcony.
The Players: Mr. and Mrs. Satan and their dog, FurGirl (lollygagging).

SATAN
(Blabbering on about something or another and swatting away flies when, suddenly...)
Hey! Wait a minute! Do you hear something?

ME
(suddenly alert)
Could it be...?


(The faint strains of calliope-like music are barely audible in the distance)


SATAN
It IS! IT IS!

BOTH OF US
The Ice Cream Man!
(We simultaneously spring to our feet.)

FURGIRL
(What the HELL IS GOING ON?)
(Begins panting/running in circles.)

SATAN
Where's the MONEY?!? We must have CASH for the IceCreamMan!

ME
(Running frantically around the dining room searching for my camera.)

SATAN
Do you have money! I need MONEY!

ME
(breathlessly, still running in circles searching)
In my purse! There's money in my purse...!

SATAN
(Now also running around frantically.)
Where is your purse?

ME
(Tripping over the now hysterically excited dog.)
DAMNIT, FurGirl!
Dining room! Chair!

THE THREE OF US
(Panting, running.)

SATAN
I've got it! I've GOT MONEY!!

ME
(I spot my camera, grabbing it from a barstool.)

THE THREE OF US
(Plunge, like a herd of elephants, down the stairs toward the front door and congregate, in a panting wad, on the front porch.)

SATAN
(Searching up and down the street)
What the HELL?

ME
Where did he GO?

FURGIRL
(What IS IT?! WHAAAAAT???)

SATAN
Well, that bastard.

ME
SUM BITCH!
***

I call this one Dreamsicle Denied:


(And he had his cash money and everything.)

2 comments:

debducah said...

I heard it too. It was going southwest on either Madison or Harrison.
Bummer.
I just read about the Walmart Crack Ho. OMG The S-man will definitely get kicked by me next time I see him. Now I have to figure out how to sorbet my brain...

Suzanne said...

We need to form a posse to hunt down the ice cream man!! Who's with me? WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!