Monday, June 11, 2007

Freedom, Disaster, and a Resource

So!

Here I am: day one of a little experiment I like to call Ohmygodiquitmyjobnowwhatthehelldoido?

While there is certainly a level of panic involved, there's also that feeling you used to get when you found yourself in the deserted hallway of your elementary school, everyone else tucked away in their classroom, dutifully (or otherwise) engaged in righteous education-related activity, while you. YOU, on the other hand, are rather deliciously on your own without a hall pass, a potential (possibly naughty) adventure around every corner.

It's one-third goosebumps, one-third guilt, and one-third holy sh*t.

Unfortunately, the first adventure around my particular corner today was waking up to a dead home computer. D-E-A-D. I won't go into the details except to say, I'm just hoping and praying the S-Man comes home tonight, pushes a few buttons, calls me a "mook", and the thing roars back to life as per usual. If not.

Good Lord...if not?

If not, I'll think about that tomorrow, ala Scarlett O'Hara.

Not to be outdone, I'm coming to you right now thanks to my bestest good friends at my local public library. (I LOVE YOU GUYS!) Because for me? A day without the internet is like a day without rock for a Walmart crack ho with a skin apron. It just ain't happenin'.

I've run across another interesting resource for all you newbie bloggers out there (and I'm including myself in that group) hoping to make a nickel or two in the process. Problogger is a site dedicated to exploring ways online blogs earn money. Also, I found this section on Blogging for Beginniners particularly interesting for those of you in the extremely early stages. Lots of basic asked and answered questions on the genre.

And that's all for me--TTFN, as they say. If I'm lucky, the blog party will roll on tomorrow when I'll hopefully be coming to you, as per usual, from Bizzyville HQ.

If not, I'll be looking for volunteers to help me knock over a Best Buy.

No comments: