Monday, July 02, 2007

Ducks Gone Wild

I think we can all agree on one thing. Whoever the Rubber Duckie Bandit is? They could hardly have imagined the amount of pond water that us Lowertown bloggers could wring out of the caper. And, while we have all had alot of fun with it, the Golden Duckie in this case has got to go to none other than Mary Thorsby. Already a savvy marketer, publicist, and co-developer of the increasingly popular events site, iList Paducah, this newbie but already professional blogger has taken to the genre like (wait for it) a duck to water.

Mary orchestrated this group shot (safe for work) of all the mysteriously appearing duckies in question yesterday. You should know the cute factor is near to off-the-charts here. I had originally commited my little duckie adoptee, Princess, to participate in the shoot, had even pledged all proceeds from the photos to charity (in the grand Jolie-Pitt tradition), but alas, it turned out I was knee-deep in the decidedly unglamorous activity of painting my rental apartment at the appointed hour.

In any case, Princess' photo has been pretty much plastered all over this site. She is a twin to the duckie appearing in Mary's photo at the far right. Even as I write this post, Mary has tirelessly thrown up another update on the investigation.

For heaven's sake, someone is going to have to confess soon, or we're all going to have no other choice but to spend the rest of the day soaking in a bubble bath with our duckies whilst sipping adult beverages.

1 comment:

Mary Thorsby said...

Ah, Bizzy, you are too kind. I'm just inspired by you and our other blogger pals. And totally inspired by the Rubber Duckie Bandit. OK, I'm ready now for someone to cop to this caper! I'm all out of cute ideas on covering it!