Friday, September 28, 2007

TED: The Love Affair Continues

I hope you all will bear with me through my love affair with all the brilliant people at TED. I continue to be on fire for this organization and its mission to gather smart, influential people together to ponder and help solve the problems of the world.

One of the most recent videos posted to the TED site is a talk given by Stephen Petranek, former editor-in-chief of Discover Magazine. Petranek's subject is what scientists tend to talk about at the end of the day while tossing back a few cold ones: how might the world end?

Based on his experience, Patranek has developed a list of the top 10 ways that could happen (How much do I love a top 10 list? A lot.), and also delivers the surprising news that many of these agents of the apocalypse can be turned back with a little planning and forethought. And, oh yah, money.

It's a long video, but so worth it if you are into that sort of thing.

No comments: