Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Aaron Russo: February 14, 1943 - August 24, 2007

During a Labor Day visit with my friend, Cindy, the subject of Aaron Russo’s film, “America: Freedom to Fascism” came up. I told Cindy I would e-mail her information about the movie (at the time the name of the film escaped me).

So it was while I was unsuspectingly searching for information to forward that I learned of the death of filmmaker Aaron Russo from cancer at the age of sixty-four.

I felt like I’d been sucker punched.

The S-Man and I watched this movie in amazement this past January. The film is an expose of the Internal Revenue Service, and presents a darn convincing amount of evidence that there is no law requiring an American citizen to pay a direct tax on their labor. The film also calls into question the basis for the Federal Reserve.

There is a great deal more information presented and I encourage you to see it for yourself. My love for documentary film is (wait for it) well documented here in my blog. And this film is one of those works that goes way beyond entertainment.

If information is power, then “America: Freedom to Fascism” is positively nuclear. It’s a movie AND a movement.

Visit the website here: http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

A final Bizzyville Super Snap to a great filmmaker and crusader for truth, Aaron Russo, who said

“There are no boundaries one must adhere to when preserving one’s liberty.”

Ain’t it the truth?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne:

Thanks for sharing you comments about Aaron. I posted them over on this blog I created to say "Thank You
Aaron" -

http://thankyouaaron.blogspot.com/2007/09/blog-post.html

Peace and God Bless,

Fred Smart
thankyouaaron@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

tinyurl;

http://tinyurl.com/2l3wxk

Suz said...

“There are no boundaries one must adhere to when preserving one’s liberty.”

Fine, as far as it goes. But statements like that trigger my internal nutcase detector. Because the tricky part is in how we define "preserving one's liberty," ain't it?

Did W invade Iraq to "preserve our [national] liberty"? Did Tim McVeigh park that truck bomb in OKC to "preserve his liberty?"

Not sayin' Mr. R. was a nutcase.

Just askin' questions.

keena said...

hey I need to know your email address. I am about to leave dallas, wending my way west. I will rent that movie out there. Your blog is getting famous! Christina.