Thursday, September 06, 2007

Still Here


Oh my gosh, I can hardly believe I missed a day posting and THEN nearly missed another day. I don't even know what to say for myself.

In the interim I've...let's see...made progress on my framing project (pictured above). You see who insisted on being in on the picture. I think FurGirl has figured out the camera. The minute I stuck the photo-stick in and started focusing on the window, she positions her furry self in front of it and starts posing. This is her am-I-in-the-frame-just-tell-me-if-I-need-to-scoot-over-or-anything look. What a ham bone.

Of course the whole project was deceptively difficult. You'd think you just sling pictures in there, but no. Special tape. Uneven prints. Trimming. Blah, blah...ARGH! And still, there are issues, but I'm trying to get over it. I went out tonight and purchased a light to mount on the window which I barely managed to procure for half price. They were having a sale and I had to argue that the picture light was a "decorative lamp". I managed to win that round which is a darn good thing considering my budget is zippety-do-dah these days. Anyway, the "decorative lamp" mounting will require power drilling. It remains to be seen if I will manage on my own or will have to call in the S-Man for a consult. Will post the final product.

Let's see...otherwise, I got my hair done and...oh! May or may not have visited Bath and Body Works and sampled their newest "Irresistible Apple" fragrance. Yummy! I'm normally not big on the whole apple smell, but they've managed to blend it with something else and take the edge off and it doesn't smell apple pie-ish. They are advertising their newest fragrance (out in late September), "Blackberry Amber" which just sounds god-awful to me but we shall see. I was certainly wrong about the Irresistible Apple.

2 comments:

Mary Thorsby said...

Thank goodness you're back blogging! I was a little worried AND missed you! xoxooxomt

Suz said...

I missed you too. The frame thing looks good. So does furgirl. Hambone and all. Too cute.