Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bob Dylan: The Swag

I got completely carried away with relating the Dylan concert experience and totally forgot to share photos of the swag. Both the S-Man and I were completely powerless to resist getting ourselves a tee-shirt. Of course I said I wasn't going to get one on the way in. I knew they'd be beastly expensive. And then I saw this:


Yah. Like I'm walking away from that tee-shirt. I don't think so.

You can't tell by looking, but the image of Bob is actually flocked. It sort of feels like stiff velvet to the touch. According to Bob's roadie, I'm never supposed to dry it but rather let it air dry flat.

The tee-shirt stayed in the sack all the way until we got to the car in the parking lot, then I changed into it while the S-Man careened around the streets of downtown NashVegas looking for I-24. I haven't taken it off since except to sleep. Although...the shirt is the softest possible cotton and is quite comfortable enough to be jammie material. You can see in the photo it looks great with my paisley house pants, it looks super with my NY&Co black bermuda shorts, and I have no doubt I can wear a black skirt (maybe denim would be better) and add a wide black belt and my black hooker boots for a a going-out-to-dinner look (probably tonight).

If I get a job I can always add a black blazer, black pants, some love beads, and call it a business look.

Than again...Nah!...who wants a job!

(heh.)

The S-Man got this tee-shirt. Much like mine, except not fitted and not flocked. While he seems to like it, he has only worn it once, and shows no sign of the obsessive love and devotion that I have for my own personal Dylan tee-shirt. I'm thrilled to see my shirt is not available on the website in this groovy vivid lavender color. I think I love it more for knowing that, if possible.

Even the sack we got to hold the shirts is completely kewl. Here is the Dylan logo on the sack:


Yep. Keeping the sack, too.

Also, I'm encouraging the S-Man to get that tattooed on himself. Because everybody needs to make SOME kind of statement with body art, don't you think? And how cool an image is that? The fact that the process would involve the S-Man getting repeatedly stabbed with a needle enters not at all in my enthusiasm for the idea.

Okay, ALMOST not at all.

Otherwise, my cooking phase continues. I'm challenging myself to cook with ingredients we have on hand ONLY. Much cheaper. Since we had a fresh pineapple at the peak of ripeness on the counter this morning, I made a pineapple upside down cake, my first:


PWETTY! Even if I do say so myself (Arty).

I made the usual dietary substitutions: Splenda for sugar, Splenda brown sugar, whole wheat flour for white. The topping, a mixture of fresh pineapple, butter, coconut milk, and butter is crazy delicious. While beautiful, the cake itself isn't nearly sweet enough, and I'll probably double the Splenda the next go around. Also, the S-Man had the idea that I should layer the brown sugar mixture that is on top of the cake in between layers of the batter which should add to the sweetness and overall moistness considerably.

If that does work as anticipated, I'll post the recipe.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great shirt!