Monday, September 03, 2007

Artists in Lowertown and Labor Day Movies

I was fascinated to watch Aynex Mercado's latest video that profiles Lowertown artists Charlotte Erwin, Freda Fairchild, Nancy Calcutt, Bill Renzuli, and Julie Shaw. The artsists discuss their history and demonstrate their process. I'm always interested to see the method by which an artist creates his or her work and learn the why behind the art. The video is ten minutes long, but, if you're like me, it's worth the jump. See the film here.

And if you're wondering what to do with youself this Labor Day, I recommend renting one of these great labor movies:

Harlan County USA

Norma Rae

Silkwood

North Country

The Pajama Game

Grapes of Wrath

The Devil Wears Prada

How Green Was My Valley

9 to 5

Office Space

On the Waterfront

Working Girl

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

2 comments:

Aynex Mercado said...

Glad you liked the video.

Suzanne said...

Great job!