Sunday, May 17, 2009

The New Sunday Tradition...


...french fries and Bloody Marys at Doe's.

Also important, the proper notebook in which to record the brilliant thoughts that result from the combination:


On a mostly unrelated note, I recently had a dream (keep reading I have a point) in which I give birth to twins and then, while in the hospital afterwards, I spend time nonchalantly wondering if I should go on a planned vacation to the outer banks or go home with my twins to my sextuplets. If there's a clearer subconscious indication that there's too much Jon and Kate going on around here, I don't know what it would be. As a co-partaker of Bloody Marys/fries put it when I related this dream,

"Stop writing about Jon and Kate. It's boring."

Subtlety is not her strong suit. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises. Obsessed is obsessed.

Lastly, I learned today a new (to me) quote from Albert Einstein. How I've never heard this up to now is beyond me. Because it may be the greatest quote ever:

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." — Albert Einstein

I'll leave you with that.

4 comments:

Nikki D. May said...

Who me? I am the Queen of Subtlety!!!

Brenda said...

You can't stop now! If they divorce, you'll have even MORE to report. The name will have to be changed, though, to something like "Kate Plus 8 Minus Jon."

Anonymous said...

Ok, two things...

1. If I am not a fan of Bloody Mary's, could I substitute a Screwdriver? Would it be good with fries?

2. I love Einstein quotes. Here's another: "Goals without resources are hallucinations." (I am paraphrasing here.)

Suzanne said...

Jeanna: Pretty much anything is good with Doe's fries. And I love that AE quote too--where have I been with these?