Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Musings

I just re-read yesterday's "Love in Bloom" post and it hit me why I was so obsessed with the garden cottage: it's tiny! Of course!

Long time readers will recall my obsession with the tiny. Tiny Christmas Village. Tiny pumpkins. Let's hope I don't suddenly become one of those people who paint intricate pictures on a single grain of rice with a tiny one bristled paint brush. ("Tiny Crafting" Horrors!)

Otherwise, let's be honest, I know you're all wondering about my take on the Alec Baldwin/Ireland Baldwin/Kim Bassinger controversy of late.


While I think we can all agree that the message is completely innappropriate, over the top, and a really, REALLY bad idea, at the same time, I think all divorced parents can probably relate to the frustration poor Alec is experiencing here. The guy just wants to talk to his daughter, has gone to the trouble of pre-arranging a time to do so, and then finds her phone shut off. I get the feeling that this isn't the first time Alec has had a problem reaching his child. I'm thinking that, like Rodney Dangerfield, Alec just "ain't getting no respect at all."



In fact, Alec has gone so far as to try to wriggle out of his contract on 30 Rock in order to devote himself "full-time to the issue of parental alienation". And, along with an appearance on The View, has consulted with Dr. Phil on the matter. NOT TO MENTION he is writing a book. Clearly, we're talking about a desperate father here.



The solution? I think these two crazy kids need to give it another try and head on over to Dr. Phil's couch with their daughter to once and for all work this thing out. A relationship that's really over doesn't continue to be quite THIS dramatic and is probably indicative of repressed feelings Kim and Alec continue to harbor for each other. After all, they were possibly the cutest, most well matched couple ever to hook up in tinsel town.

Whaddaya say?

No comments: