Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Morning

It's another perfectly gorgeous spring morning here in Lower Town. The sun is shining, the temperature is a balmy 75 degrees, and life is good. I've just managed to force myself through another strenuous session on the BowFlex. It just doesn't get any easier. My muscles seem to burn worse with each workout. I do, however, so love the self righteous feeling that comes from knowing I have adequately attended to my physical well being. Also, my "Running w/Scissors" has become the perfect soundtrack for my sessions.

Satan and I were treated to a lovely dinner last night by Steve and Karen of Philosophy Gallery. They have such a fabulous place and are such fun to be with (not to mention great cooks). We were so giddy with tasty food and wine that we didn't drag ourselves home until TEN THIRTY, the absolute MIDDLE of the night by Paducah standards.

Karen let me take a picture to share of her fabulous dining room light fixture. I have long admired it from the street while walking FurGirl, but this was the first time I'd ever seen it up close. It is absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure if the picture conveys just how large and cha-cha it is. Karen told us when they first moved in they were surprised to find people regularly stopped in their cars in the street to point at and admire it.

No wonder!


No comments: