Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Chaseroo!



I can't believe how many years it has been since my son came into my life. That bitterly cold January 10th seems like only yesterday in so many ways.

I never fail to marvel at what a cataclysmic, literally, overnight transformation becoming a mother was for me. I was one person January 9th and someone else entirely January 10th. It was like a switch was flipped, my brain was re-booted, and my only-child-never-around-babies self was suddenly a diaper-changing infant-bouncing baby-talking mommy machine. Beyond that, I suddenly began taking an interest in politics, world issues, etc. Granted, I was very young. It's like I was drenched in a sudden downpour of maturity. If I hadn't had the experience for myself I wouldn't believe it possible.

Happy birthday, Chase! Thanks for reinventing me for the better.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Just wait until you have a grandchild; nothing can prepare you for that wonderful experience, either! Great post, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! You used to have "tubes in your ears!"

Suz said...

"Drenched in a sudden downpour of maturity" - terrific!

And happy birthday to the kid. OK, the former kid.