Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Latest Good Reads Review

American Legacy: The Triumphs and Tragedies of John and Caroline Kennedy American Legacy: The Triumphs and Tragedies of John and Caroline Kennedy by C. David Heymann


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
An especially juicy, uncommonly unbiased, exhaustive and imminently readable look at the lives of, arguably, the two most famous spawn in America, John FK, Jr. and Caroline Kennedy.

I couldn't put this one down. Many additional tidbits on the death of JFK jr., i.e. the autopsy that was not widely reported, the why's of Jackie's marriage to Ari Onassis, and a look at the marriage of Caroline to Ed Schlossberg (likely a fairly happy coupling).

Unlike many books I've read on the Kennedys, this one often gives a mix of opinions on a given person or incident, thus leaving at least me with the impression that the author is really just trying to get to the truth rather than sensationalize it or sway the reader one way or the other.

View all my reviews.

Another great recommend from my Mom.

No comments: