Saturday, January 19, 2008

Talking Shop

It's been a quiet, restful weekend so far.

I converted another friend into a sushi-o-phile Friday and and she, in turn, exposed me to her latest product find: Puffs Plus with the Scent of Vicks. If you're like me, you hated Vick's Salve as a kid. For some reason my Mom, at the first sign of chest congestion, could not wait to slather a thick layer of the stuff on my chest back then. I don't think it ever did me any good, perhaps it made her feel better.


Nonetheless, I have to admit a fascination with the Vicks scent which Puffs has found a way to infuse in each and every tissue, along with a little lotion. It's very, very strangely appealing to bury your face in a tissue that smells like Vicks Salve and also goes a long way toward clearing your sinuses. If you haven't tried a box, you need to. I don't know why.


My latest beauty find: Maybelline Clear Mascara. It might sound a little counter-intuitive, but this stuff is great for everyday brow grooming and throwing on on a Saturday morning when you don't want fuss too much but still want a little lash definition. At less than $5, it's a steal.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Vicks-scented Puffs??? I simply MUST have some!