Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ch-ch-changes...

I don’t even know where to begin to write about my life right now.

It’s not that it’s all that unusual, or dramatic, it’s just that I suppose I’m reorienting my perspective. Who am I now that I am single, unattached, and a free agent rather than one-half of a team? Who am I if I'm not satan's cabana girl? The answer requires a shift in my outlook and something of a different approach to my life.

That process is ongoing, obviously.

I can tell you the whole thing is made much easier by the incredible help and encouragement I receive from my family and friends. I have been treated to amazing dinners (have even had a delicious homemade dinner delivered to my house for heaven’s sake) and shows, invited out and checked on, visited and supported. I’ve gotten together with old friends, dear friends, and talked to new ones--readers of this blog--that I didn’t even know I had.

It’s not all wine and roses, of course, but the news is that it’s not all tears and despair, either. I guess I’m a little surprised about that. Maybe more than a little.

3 comments:

MCD said...

Proof positive that you are a blessing to your friends and family. You have definitely been there for me more times than I can count!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my first link, e-ver!

keena said...

You know my phone is always open. Are you coming west with us?