Sunday, May 06, 2007

Say WHAT?!

I nearly plotzed upon reading the news that Sacha Baron Cohen beat out Johnny Depp...I repeat JOHNNY DEPP to play Freddie Mercury in an upcoming biopic. Mercury was the flamboyant lead singer of the rock group Queen who died of AIDS in the early 1990's. For the record, I was a HUGE fan back in the day. Cohen, for those of you not in the know, played Borat in a movie of the same name.

I didn't see Borat, but doesn't he eat boogers or something?

According to other articles on the subject, the surviving members of Queen were behind the Borat choice because he "LOOKS MORE LIKE Freddie". Hello? Slap a pair of fake teeth and a wig on Johnny and he WILL BECOME FREDDIE people! Ed Wood anyone? Johnny is a professional! Edward Scissorhands? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? There is nothing this man cannot do.

For the record:












The Original Freddie Mercury











Depp









Cohen

Am I going to have to move to Hollywood? AM I?!? And, if they are all about looks how are they doing to overcome that NOSE ISSUE?
Oh what's the use...

1 comment:

Laura K said...

Hear Hear! This is so wrong! High waisted pants wrong!!