Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Night at the Festival

As you might suspect, it's been a little wild around here. A little crazy. Nothing illustrates this point better than the fact that I neglected, despite dragging my camera around all over the place with me, to get a picture of ChristaD in her supercute, supergroovy hemp earth shoes (not to mention her supercute orange tee-shirt). What can I say? I have no excuse. I'm blaming it on the beer.

Also? I've taken to referring to my newly engineered incredible rack as "two scoops of danger".

Don't worry, I've cut myself off the keg.

Other than the previously stated glaring omission, I'm posting my three favorite photos of the evening. At the top of the entry is the guy I'm assuming is the lead drummer for Avec La Force (MAJOR noise alert on that link), a West African drum corps that is, quite possibly, the most energetic band I've ever seen perform. I love that photo. Trust me when I tell you these people (and there were at least six of them all together) can bang some percussion instruments. They were great.

New Mama Nikki May and her nine week old adoptee, Skyler, a yorkie-poo (combination Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle) that she actually acquired at the festival just a few hours before this photo was taken. Ohmygosh, this baby is a doll. Although something of a throw pillow. He slept all night. I had the priviledge of meeting and getting to know Nikki's sister, Sandi, who proved to be just as quick and sassy a gal as Nikki (not an easy feat).

Lastly, we have Satan and Aynex bonding after video taping his five-question interview which did in fact include the infamous SIXTH QUESTION. You'll have to watch Aynex's vlog to find out just what that question might be and whether or not Satan's answer makes the post cut. Rumor has it that the Mayor is next on the inteview list. Is all I'm saying.

The evening took a dramatic turn when, in response to the question of how old I am, posed by Nikki, I came to the tragic realization that I am, in fact, a WHOLE YEAR older than I thought I was. No kidding. Evidently, I've been telling everyone for a solid two years that I am the same age.

Maybe I was abducted by aliens and I have lost time?

Lost time! Yah, that's it!

1 comment:

Aynex Mercado said...

I have spent my morning reading your blog when I should be doing something else. Thanks for linking to my blog. It's funny how I can hear Satan's voice in my head when you talk about him. Scary! Love the bedapread!
Aynex