Friday, May 18, 2007

Possibilities


Reading this Time Magazine article on Al Gore made me almost giddy considering the possibility of him changing his mind and throwing his hat in the ring. I'm like the guy in "Dumb and Dumberer" at this point,

"So you're saying....there's a chance?"

I'm already fairly disgusted with the posturing of the current slate of Democratic candidates. I have no desire to keep a sister down, but I just don't think Hillary is electable and I have the nagging belief that, appealing as he is, Obama is still too inexperienced.

Gore, on the other had has so been there and done that. And, faced with sucking up the fact that he was actually elected president then denied the position, instead of shooting us the bird and retreating permanently into private life, he set out on a quest to save the world. It's often true, I believe, that the most difficult of times bring one's true colors. Sort of like when that plane flew into the World Trade Center and Bush spent the rest of the day under his seat in Air Force One flying inneffectually from airport to airport.

And then we realized the only thing worse than that is the man actually making decisions.

No, I think we're all ready to support Al at this point. I know I am completely over being pissed at Tipper for her censorship campaign. Have I mentioned I'm a close personal friend of Tipper's? No? Well, yah, I sort of hung out with Tipper back in '95 when she came to the city hall where I was employed at the time. We passed each other in the hall more than once. I can assure everyone that Tipper is in fact way smaller and cuter in person.

Okay, let's just get down to it, is it just me or do you think both of the Gores look a little nip-tucked in the photo? NOT, I assure you, that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I'd go so far as to be interested in who did their Work. Because it is very good. Natural.

Don't you think?

(Please run, Al! We need you man!)

2 comments:

k kelly said...

your blog sent me screaming to the draft Al Gore campaign - love your blog thanks kk http://www.algore.org/

Suzanne said...

Thanks, kkelly! I've added a link to the AG campaign to my link list. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!