Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Situation. Twenty-five years later.

I evidently slipped into a time/space continuum crack today. Probably due to the fact that, yes, I wore The Leggings. And? I liked it.

At lunch, I was treated to a loud version of Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me with Science"--a quirky favorite of mine and a friend's.

My People Magazine arrived containing a photo spread on that child of Billy Ray Cyruss's (no clue on the spelling) completely decked out in 80's fashion items i.e., leggings, spandex, and Madonna-esque wide hair ribbon.

And just now, I learn that Yaz is going on tour for God's sake.



So, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go do the Time Warp. Again.

2 comments:

Bubble Girl said...

I don't care what anybody says...the 80s were F.U.N.! That hair? The clothes? The eyeliner?? Way more fun than grungy, baggy clothes. For sure.

Anonymous said...

STILL one of the best songs ever. "Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto,
you're beautiful!"


I can still hear Jules belting out Yaz on the cassette player in my Prelude. Ahh.