Thursday, October 04, 2007

Two of My Favorite People

First off, you have to check out the iDate of the Week THIS MINUTE (SFW). One of my favorite bloggers and bestest friends, not to mention kinfolk, is featured. Along with being a raging feminist (it runs in the family!), she also finds the time to create Flavor Profiles. Yes, we are a clan of diverse interests and hot, sexy contradictions. We will bring home the chicken, fry it up in a pan and then, if you're very, very lucky, possibly allow you to feed it to us.

Christa and I also share a passion for creative reality shows. Her recent love affair with Top Chef and mine with Design Star are well documented in our blogs. Happily, our interests will converge with Season 4 of Project Runway which, since she has taken pity on me in my Bravo-channel-less state, we will watch together at her place. Yay!! I expect blogging and drinking of adult beverages to ensue.

Otherwise, following my September 19 post encouraging support for Al Gore to make another run at the White House, I myself sent him a letter. And, yesterday, I got my reply (printed on recycled paper, natch):


I have to say, Al is either absolutely not interested in running or is doing the most effective job of playing hard to get ever.

I'm beginning to lean toward the former.

Considering his experience being robbed of the 2004 election, who can blame him? This has got to be a guy, on some level, with some serious doubts about the political process in this county. Still, he took defeat like a man, took some time off, grew a beard, taught school, then shaved the beard, and reemerged as a global crusader.

Well played, Al. Well played.

2 comments:

MCD said...

Thanks so much! BTW, Michael C. Hall (Dexter) is hot. AND, that is so cool that you have personal correspondence with Al going on!

Suzanne said...

I agree about Michael C. Hall. He is a killer with a killer bod.