Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Keeping Up

All work and no blog makes Suz a dull girl...
All work and no blog makes Suz a dull girl...
All work and no blog makes Suz a dull girl...
All work and no blog makes Suz a dull girl...
All work and no blog makes Suz a dull girl...

Some quick bullet points for you:

-Three out of three fabulous girls agree: sharing a laptop is like wearing someone else's panties. (It just ain't right.)

-I developed a new pie: Key Lime Strawberry. It is declious and somewhat light (will post the recipe when I have more time). I have been told I should come up with an original name for the pie like those of Keri Russell's character in "The Waitress" (i.e., "Bad Baby Pie"). Anyway, the pie has a lovely lattice top and, last night, the S-Man lopped off a piece, tossed it in a bowl, smothered it in whipped topping and ate it with a spoon. This caused another of our many conflicts as I felt he wasn't showing my pretty pie the proper respect, and he responded by promptly threatening to eat the rest of the pie straight from the pie plate with a spatula. Knowing he absolutely meant it, this traumatized me into silence about the bowl and the spoon (as intended). Maybe I'll call it "Please Take my Uncivilized Husband Pie".

-I tried to watch one of my more eagerly anticipated Netflix rentals, "Crazy Love", last night, but was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch before it was over.

-For the second time in as many months, my family room TV switched itself on in the wee hours of this morning. I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this, the set is relatively new, and has many more features than we will ever understand or use. We have likely accidentally hit a button that is causing the phenom, but it is still a little spooky to be startled awake by what sounds, for all the world, like Cary Grant is carrying on a muffled conversation in the next room.

-As I suspected, I am incapable of "quick" bullet points.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Quick bullet points are way overrated.

Your pretty pie sounds so cool!

Now, if you presented such a thing to me, I would give it proper respect.

Not that I'm hinting or anything. Seeing that I live halfway across a continent and we don't even know each other.

Just sayin.

Nikki D. May said...

The pie was just as yummy it sounds and I love the suggested name for it!

The pad thai was the best I've had in years!!!!

Brenda said...

I know what you mean. It drives me crazy when someone hacks off a slice of one of my cakes, with no respect for such a beautiful creation!

MCD said...

It is Halloween season, you know. Maybe I should bring over the Ouija and see if we could get the TV to play a Project Runway marathon for us.

Patience-please said...

How come Nikki got pie and thai and I didn't? Just "asking". HA!
the security letters word verification thingy is
Ifockzhr and it looks dirty to me.
on the road-
Patience