Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ramblin' Friday

Conversation with Satan in the car on the way to dinner while listening to the news:

Me
You know this whole Bird Flu story?

Satan

Yah?

Me
I've been thinking, is that really news? I mean, how is a possible epidemic news? Because I’m beginning to think they’re just trying to deflect attention from…


Satan
!PANDEMIC!

Me
what’s really happening, you know what with the 2,000th soldier…

Satan
!PANDEMIC!

Me
killed in the war, the whole Libby indictment and…

Satan
!PANDEMIC!

ME
resignation not to mention the Harriet…

Satan
!PANDEMIC!

Me
Miers debacle. I mean, as I understand it, the President read a book about the possibility of a global…

Satan
Wait a minute! They expect us to believe the president…

Me
!PANDEMIC!

In other not really news, we have a new neighbor. A very tall vegetarian.


Actually, I thought I had a better shot of him that that. In case you can't tell, that's a two-story metal giraffe. He's munching on small tree branch and his nose is just even with the top of the second story window. Mr. Gir Affe is located only about half a block from me on the next block down and on the opposite side of the street. I'll get to visit often.

Nextly, I feel it my duty to inform you of this:


Yes, Alanis Morisette has morphed into her own mother or, at the very least, a soccer mom (oh, the humanity!). Maybe she needs to dose herself with another jagged little pill. Or something.

Finally, as I'm the last to learn, a certain satanic someone has volunteered me to be in charge (in charge! can you even?!) of volunteers for the next neighborhood arts and music festival to be held Memorial Day weekend 2006. It's a little distressing. So, I'm fervently hoping that when the time comes, if you can possibly swing it, you'll consider helping a sister out?

No comments: