Sunday, July 05, 2009

Change your pulls...change your life.


I've spent the better part of the long weekend finishing up the majority of my Geography course work. I've procrastinated on taking my region tests unmercifully; Friday I had eight tests to go. As of now, I'm down to three. And these I'm determined to finish tonight. Even if it takes all night. Sociology begins Tuesday and, though I technically have until the end of the month, I do not want this work hanging over my head along with whatever homework torture Sociology will soon rain down upon me.

Otherwise, I also managed to address another task in the unending home improvement list. This one, however, was a major pleasure. You see above the old cabinet pull (left) juxtaposed with the new. I've always hated those old pulls, I mean hated them with a passion. For years. I'm not sure what color they are supposed to be...bronze? Brown metal? Gold? And the style...oxidized early American nightmare? The new Dark Granite paint color only served to reemphasize their already startling inadequacy and so, when, on an excursion to Tar-jhay, I happened upon some brushed nickel pulls (value packs!!) of the exact right size to fit the existing screw holes (no use reinventing the wheel here), I jumped at the chance to rid myself of the crappy pull plague once and for all.

As a bonus, it was but another happy opportunity to employ the smooth, brute power of the Bosch 10.8 Volt Litheon I-Driver. For approximately the cost of a can of good paint and 45 minutes (if that) of my time, I corrected a style wrong in my kitchen that's been driving me crazy for years. So good!

[An aside...I have the old pulls and screws bagged in a freezer bag. What does one do with these things? Have a use for them? E-mail me and they're yours.]

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm right proud of you, Bizzy!

Bubble Girl said...

Is there a Habitat for Humanity in your area? Ours takes all kinds of good condition renovation items and offers them for sale to the public to help fund their efforts.

Suzanne said...

I almost feel guilty giving these things to Habitat! Shouldn't I rid the world of them? (Unless they're in a garage.)

Bubble Girl said...

A plethora of unfortunate wardrobe choices at recent local events have reminded me that the human species truly knows no bounds when it comes to personal taste.

Suzanne said...

Point taken, Bubble Girl. Onward to Habitat...