Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Quick Update

I can't believe it's already Sunday night. This week has flown. Here's all the excitement that's going on with me.

First, get a load of my refrigerator. Seriously, does it get much more exciting than this? The fact that I'm posting a photo of the newly cleaned awesomeness should give you an indication of just how seldom this happens around these parts. Unfortunately, by the time you get over here and open my refrigerator to stow your wine or beer, I can assure you, it won't look like this anymore. We'll have to pretend there isn't spilled unidentified stuff and outdated go-boxes bursting out all over. It's a skill my friends, for the most part, have perfected by now.

My office continues to be a sea of clutter-free tranquility and, today, I got around to hanging my newly-framed Southern Festival of Books poster. I'm thrilled with the result. I managed to get the poster framed at a half-off frame sale at Hobby Lobby. Luckily, the poster fit perfectly in the frame and worked without a mat. I paid less than $40 for framing and the print was free at the festival last year.

This is my Geography book. Exciting, no? It arrived yesterday from the Amazon Marketplace just in the nick of time for class which starts on Tuesday (I saved fifty percent ordering from Amazon as opposed to buying at the school bookstore). Geography. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I doubt it will be tribulation that Astronomy was. Geography will be my only June class then Sociology in July. I've decided to put off Chemistry until the spring, so my fall schedule remains at least partially undecided. August will mark the first anniversary of a solid year of school. I'm a little tired, I'll admit.


Jon and Kate. Oy. You don't need me to tell you the marriage is road kill. The latest People Magazine reports on the investigation by the state of Pennsylvania into whether or not TLC's continuing filming constitutes a breach of child labor laws and details the accusations I reported on here by Paul Peterson of A Minor Consideration. The episodes airing after the season opener found John pointedly skiing in Park City, Utah while Kate celebrated her birthday back home with the kids without him. The Gosselins are contractually obligated to 38 more episodes this season. Not sure even I will have the heart for it.

Otherwise, I spent some time this weekend doing an interview and then writing a feature for iList Paducah on a charity event that will feature Asian art (both large and small scale paintings) including the painting above and jewelry (okay, so I've already bought a necklace) and held in Lowertown on June 18. The piece will publish at iList on Wednesday; sign up here to get on the notify list and be the first to know about all the great events going on around these parts. Otherwise, I will link you to the piece from here on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm jealous of your clean refrigerator and your Festival of Books poster (wish I'd bought one)!