Saturday, February 16, 2008

Innie

I'm innie these days. Which means I don't want to write at all.

I woke up this morning thinking about writing and art and how it seems to me to be all about sharing yourself or at least a part of yourself. And then I immediately thought about Joni Mitchell. Who seems to me to just go on and rip her chest open and expose her beating heart.

Of course, I then had to throw on my "Blue" CD and then later hop on over to YouTube where I enjoyed this video despite the weirdly wooden Masterpiece Theater-ish intro by Johnny Cash.



It just makes me sad to compare Joni to what often passes today for talent. She is probably even younger here than Britney Spears or JSimp and so completely beyond them that she might as well be from another galaxy.

Fortunately, other bloggers are not as pressed for content as I am today. You need to check out this one.

No comments: