Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Grey Matters

It's been a while since I've updated in regard to mine and Satan's Netflix queue. And, while we've recently watched some seriously notable movies, among them "The Departed" and "Blood Diamond", my first thought is to share are all about Grey's Anatomy.

Satan and I are SO HOOKED on this show. We're SO HOOKED that, while I linked to the website in my last paragraph? I made certain that I didn't really take in the contents on the index page because, as usual, Satan and I are watching the episodes in DVD time which means we are still a full season behind the rest of the world. I live in fear that I will accidentally learn future plot points.

These are really strong words, but the show is approaching "Thirtysomething" status for me. It isn't there yet, but yes, I'm liking it awfully well. It is so much more than your run of the mill hospital ensemble show, the characters believable (mostly), likeable, relateable. The situations are engrossing and the acting top notch, especially in the come-and-go characters of the patients; the show manages to really excell in those situations, while the regular characters are multi-dimensional and interesting. The on again/off again relationship between the titular character, Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) and Derrick Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) is incredibly compelling. The show leaves me in a sniveling heap on a regular basis. If you're not into it yet, the back episodes are worth a rental. Trust me.

As for "The Departed". Dare I say...the ending let me down. Still a great movie though, and I do recommend it. "Blood Diamond" is a riveting and brutal movie but SO WORTH SEEING to watch Leonardo DiCaprio, holy toledo, could this guy get any hotter? I don't think so.

Was going to...write more...but getting sleepy now.....

No comments: