Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Scene from a Salon

Yesterday, I got my hair “Alvinized” by my favorite stylist and long time friend, (take a guess) Alvin. While I was in the waiting room, I decided to give my Mom a call on my cell phone and discuss a recent short story I’d written that she’d read. Here’s what happened:

ME
Yah…no, that part really happened.

Another woman enters the waiting room, takes a seat, and begins reading a magazine.

ME
Seriously! He got struck by lightening.

ME
(laughing hysterically)
I know, I was totally laughing about it and then I realized the man was ACTUALLY STRUCK BY LIGHTENING. I guess that’s why he was always going around in rubber glasses. And a trench coat, come to think of it. That surely had nothing to do with the lightening strike! Do you think?

ME
(laughing)
I don’t know. No. They never said when he was struck.

ME
Yah, he probably died there. (laughing) Yes! In his trench coat!

ME
No, I didn’t actually steal it. I wish I had!

ME
The file? Yah, I threw it at her.

ME
Yes! Just like a Frisbee.

ME
Oh, PLUS forgot to add that Stacy thought I should take an ax and even Lois’s toes up with her sandals! Yes! (laughing hysterically)

ME
Oh, I know I should. I probably will.

ME
Yah, she was always so much fun to be with, wasn’t she?

OTHER WOMAN IN THE WAITING ROOM
Okay, now I’m scared.

ME
(Suddenly noticing the woman)

OTHER WOMAN IN THE WAITING ROOM
(Looking seriously frightened)

ALVIN
Okay, Suz, I’m ready for you.

ME
Gotta go…



No comments: