Sunday, October 02, 2005

Daredevil: The Reddening

A very bland before:

A very vivid after:


I think I need to break away from these wimpy color choices, no?

The paint is actually still wet in that after shot. You can see the reflection of the lamp in the paint on the wall. This fabulous color transformation only took me eight short hours of work. That's right: four hours per coat. What I lack in speed I make up for in precision.

A true vivid red is not the easiest color to achieve as I learned at my Home Depot. I had to prime the walls with a god-awful shade of Pepto Bismal pink (sorry, was too traumatized to take a photo). What you see here is the primer and one coat of dare devil. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll need a second (four hour) coat. The smart money says yes.

Satan, in a very non-satany act of mercy, is washing out my roller for me as I post this.

No comments: