Thursday, October 06, 2005

A brisk walk. Finally.


Tonight marks our first brisk fall walk of the season, sweater required. All summer, Satan picks blossoms for me on our night walks, and tonight he picked what will probably be the last blooms on the day lilies. Bring on the fall.

I continue to be immersed in a book on CD--TEN CD's to be exact--that I checked out of the library called "The Red Tent". The book is, essentially, historical fiction which I have a penchant for, and dramatizes and expands on the story of a character in the bible, Dinah, Jacob's daughter by his wife Leah, who is mentioned only in passing in Genesis. The book is an imagining of what her life as a woman in biblical times would have been like. It has taken me three weeks to get through the first six CD's listening on my way to and from work on on my usual short day-to-day errands and trips. More than a few times, it has held me in my car in the driveway until the end of a chapter. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this one.

Today was my last day of work. I have a four-day weekend to look forward to. I need it.


No comments: