Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Delerious

My love for fifties and sixties retro style is pretty well documented here. So, perhaps you'll understand why, in my feverish state, I've been unable to stop watching this video that I stumbled across at James Lileks' site today.


I can't really, for the life of me, understand why I am so drawn to the objects of an era that was so unabashedly Stepford Wife-ish, conservative, and sexually repressed. It is the antithesis of who I am and how I live my life. Nevertheless, I continue to covet all the home furnishings and even some of the appliances featured in the video. It's all so desperately modern.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your delirous state is due to retro items and not the flu! Hope you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

hey, I just thought you were out of town. If I'd a known you were sick, I would have had Paul make you some soup! And brought it to you myslef, of course. Glad you're back and at em.

keena said...

Are you better? I am STILL in Phoenix. I am going to stay with a dog lady on Monday until my house is ready. She raises huskies and wolves. I'll figure out how to send pix of our trip. love keena