Sunday, March 09, 2008

Any Excuse for a Photo


My friend Keena headed west just now, on her way to a brand new house and new life.

Keena also happens to be the Ex-Man's ex (stay w/me here), so this means her boys were my boys for the duration of my marriage.

Our paths all briefly crossed here today for what will likely be the last time for a very long while. And so, as trucks and cars were loaded and unloaded, out came the cameras. In homage to the Usual Suspects, rather than saying "Cheese!" we settled on repeating "Give me the f!cking keys" since we all thought our photo location was reminiscent of a police line-up.

My neighbors must be so proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. That's all.

Anonymous said...

PS. How did D grow so tall? He's supposed to be a punk 12YO. Sigh.

Laura K said...

I have one of those. We call each other "my ex-husband's ex wife" but alot of times just "my ex wife" for short.

People look at us funny when we say that....

xoxo
L

keena said...

I got the flu bad too, last week after we duped the truck I just collapsed. We had one day of freedom, during which we went to the grand canyon and sedona. The trip was nothing that I imagined, and all that I may have hoped for. I have terrific children. Thanks to you too, and don't you ever forget it. I am still in Phoenix, going to the wolf lady next week. Miss you, thanks for everything. Fingers crossed for job. Love, Keena