Friday, December 29, 2006

Savannah at Last


Oy vey, have we had a day.

It started out well enough in Louisville, we got away from the hotel there at about 9 a.m. We had only traveled for about an hour, however, before we became ensnared to bumper-to-bumper start-and-stop traffic with rabid flag flying UK fans on their way to the bowl game w/Clemson (?) in Nashville. This traffic crawl went on for better than TWO HOURS.

After that, we enjoyed a very short few hours of smooth sailing before we hit Atlanta at RUSH HOUR. Good lord.

It took us thirteen hours to get here and it should have taken only ten.

The good news is that we made it, and boy is it balmy around these parts. We brought the bikes and our hotel is wonderful. I'm looking forward to morning.

I was going to try to post at least a photo each day, but the one I post in this entry is another from yesterday taken at an amazing salvage yard we toured in L'ville. I didn't think you'd want any shots of miles and miles of brake lights which is what we spent today looking at.


Hopefully, more interesting posts to come soon. Right now I'm so tired I'm cross-eyed.


No comments: