Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dim all the Lights

The last time I saw Donna Summer was, appropriately enough, on a hot Summer night at Memphis Botanical Garden, August 21, 2010.  And let me emphasize the hot part again. If you've never been to Memphis in August, I assure you, you cannot possibly fully appreciate the situation. 

Regardless, Donna put on a hell of a show.  She sounded fantastic as ever and never seemed ruffled by the heat which had to be even more extreme on the stage and through three full costume changes. The red satin suit she wore absolutely had to be the most suffocating frock under the circumstances. I was nowhere near the stage and not in possession of a proper zoom lens, but I'm posting here the better (though none I'd classify as good) images I did capture for posterity.

There were people of all shapes, sizes, colors, ages and stripes dancing up a storm in the garden that night.  Donna rocked it out, I have to say. 

 

No comments: