Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I love to take a photograph


Satan has returned and we all know what that means: shopping.

I've decided to make a birthday present to myself of a new digital camera and, of course, the possibilities are endless. My Fuji, while better than nothing, is just a tad limiting. My natural inclination is to go mid-range while Satan's is to go for quality. Which is why I'm currently contemplating a Nikon D70. Probably more power than I need as a novice, but I can certainly grow into it. The camera itself is surprisingly light--one of my main requirements. I can't bear to lug the equivalent of a small brick with me wherever I go.

Perhaps the most important requirement--and I'm sure there is a fancy term for this--is that there be little or no lag time between my depressing the button and the picture snapping. This is especially critical of course when taking action photos. My Fugi is so far from adequate in this regard as to be laughable. I depress the button and...pause...pause...yawn...the action has left the building and I have a picture of a vast empty frame (or the dog's ass). VERY annoying.

And so, the search continues. I'm planning to visit some downtown camera shops this weekend and hopefully become a little more educated about my choices. I'm not particuarly patient in this way, but the camera may turn into too big an investment to make on impulse.

In other news, despite the hype and anticipation, I was fairly let down by the premiere of Commander in Chief. Great concept and Geena Davis is certainly capable of doing a more than adquate job, I don't feel the material was everything it should have been. For one, given the similarity to West Wing, the smart and snappy dialog I've grown used to in that show was sorely lacking in CIF which was much more plodding. Also, while who can blame the show for focusing on the fact the the VP is female, that was pretty much ALL the show seemed to be about. 'Cmon guys, let's move on, shall we?

Oh, and Tom DeLay? Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

No comments: